Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Caregiver Rights


As a caregiver…..

“I have the right to ask for help when needed. I should not feel guilty about not being able to do it on my own. I can ask family members for assistance.”

“I have the right to seek help outside of my family. If I am unhappy with a program, I may remove my loved one.

“I have the right to feel emotional. I may be depressed one day, but happy the next. I may cry today, but laugh tomorrow.”

“I have the right to enjoyment. This does not mean that I am not looking after my loved one but it means I need a break, so that I can better care for myself and for my loved one.”

“I have the right to find humor in situations. This does not mean that I am laughing at my loved one. It means I am making light of the situation.”

“I have the right to commend myself for this caregiver role. I am doing the best I can.”

“I have the right to vent my frustrations. There is nothing wrong with joining a support group seeking help from counselors.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home